- 1 kg pork, preferably collar or neck (Huber’s Butchery)
- 1 jar (240ml) Singapore Meat Marinade
- 1 Tbsp red rice lees (anka), for more complex & richer flavour, and natural red colouring – optional but preferable
- 1 jar (240ml) Cilicuka (Extra Hot or Super Hot)
- Trim the pork collar to preferred size. It should be long strips and about 1 ” in diameter at minimum.
- Lay some cling film on a flat surface, or use a plastic bag, place the pieces of meat.
- Slater the Singapore Meat Marinade and red rice lees on the meat. Seal with cling film then place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hr at minimum, ideally 3-12 hours.
- Remove from the chiller. Preheat the oven at 150 °C. Transfer the meat onto a wire rack with a tray underneath (to get even browning on the surface), or a tray lined with parchment paper. Discard the cling film and marinade.
- Roast for 15-30 mins depending on the size of the piece, it should be slightly charred on the outside.
- Before the last 5 mins of cooking, slather more marinade on the surface and allow it to char slightly.
- Serve with Cilicuka Extra Hot or Cilicuka Super Hot, this meat goes well with chilli sauce that has a kick due to the richness of the meat and salty-sweet flavour.