Minced pork, crabt meat and water chestnuts, wrapped in tofu skin
- 8 pcs water chestnuts
- 1 egg
- 160 gm minced prawns (shrimps)
- 160 gm minced pork
- 160 gm minced pork belly
(Tip: for a slightly healthier version, replace the minced pork and minced pork belly with 320 gm minced lean pork)
- 100 gm crab meat (we prefer and suggest cooked, shelled tinned & pasteurised from good grocers, such as, Huber’s Butchery)
- A dash of pepper
- 2 sheets dried tofu skin (fupei)
- For deep-frying, oil
- Plain (all-purpose) flour
- Cilicuka (Original, Extra Hot or Super Hot)
- Sweet sauce (timcheong)
- Rinse, peel then finely mince the water chestnuts. Beat the egg.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the filling together.
- Mix equal amounts of flour and water to form a paste.
- Place a tofu skin on a clean dry surface with a corner pointing towards you. Spoon about 4 rounded tablespoonfuls of the filling in a row on the skin. Fold the corner of the skin facing you over the filling, then fold the left and right hand corners over it. Roll away from you to form a log about 12 cm long and 3 cm wide. Seal the end with a dab of the flour paste. Continue to make more rolls with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat some oil in a wok or pan over a medium-high flame.
- Deep-fry the rolls until golden brown. Remove and drain well.
- Slice each roll diagonally into 3 or 4 pieces. Place on a serving plate.
- Serve with Cilicuka and/or timcheong sauce on the side.