Shermay’s Spam Fries with Cilicuka-Lime Mayo Dip
- 1 tin Spam
- Plain all-purpose flour, for coating
- Beaten egg, for coating
- Panko (Japanese bread crumbs), for coating
- 1 serving Cilicuka-Lime Mayo
- Open the tin of Spam. Pat dry with a non-fibrous and clean disposable paper towel or cloth.
- Slice into sticks. It will shrink by about 10-20% in size.
- Prepare 3 dishes: flour, beaten egg and panko.
- In a small deep pot, heat oil over medium-high.
- Option 1: Drop a few pieces of Spam directly into the heated oil, fry until darkened on the outside (it is already cooked on the inside), remove and drain well on a dish lined with kitchen paper. Use tongs or a perforated spoon to scoop up and transfer to a wide tray or plate lined with kitchen paper to drain off excess oil. (Do not season with salt or pepper, there is no need to.)
Option 2: Drop a few pieces of Spam into the flour, then egg, then panko. Fry until darkened on the outside. Use tongs or a perforated spoon to scoop up and transfer to a wide tray or plate lined with kitchen paper to drain off excess oil.
- On a serving dish, transfer the Spam Fries with Cilicuka-Mayo as the dipping sauce.