Shermay’s Easy Singapore Chilli Crab Dip
A super-easy short-cut method for an iconic Singaporean dish, served with steamed and/or fried Chinese bread buns.
- 1 bottle tomato sauce (Huber’s Butchery)
- 1 tin crab meat, pasturised, claw/lump (Huber’s Butchery)
- 1 jar Cilicuka Original, or Extra Hot if you prefer it spicier
- 2 eggs (Huber’s Butchery)
- Black peppercorns, freshly ground, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a non-stick pan, empty the jar of tomato sauce.
- Empty the entire jar of Cilicuka. Stir together and bring to a simmer.
- In a bowl, crack and beat two eggs.
- Pour a stream of the beaten egg into the simmer sauce, then slowly stir. This will create a feathering-effect and help to bind/thicken the sauce.
- Empty the tin of crab meat into the sauce (it is already cooked, cleaned, shelled and de-boned).
- Taste then season with freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Serve with steamed and/or fried mantou (Chinese buns).
Tip: This sauce can also be served with pasta.