Shermay’s Baked Singapore Chicken Wings
This all-purpose marinade has a distinctly Singaporean flavour and is suitable for an assortment of meats. Instead of buying, measuring and balancing the more than 8 individual ingredients it takes to make a marinade, this ready-to-use marinade has all you need. It is similar to Singapore BBQ/barbecue wings which are very popular at hawker centres.
- 800 gm (about 18-20 pieces) Chicken wings (double or two-joint, Huber’s Butchery)
- 1 jar (240 ml) Singapore Meat Marinade
- 1 jar Cilicuka (Original, Extra Hot or Super Hot)
- For brushing, sesame oil
- 6 pcs calamansi limes (limau kesturi)
- Place meat in a plastic bag, add enough sauce to coat the meat. 1 jar is for about 18 mediums-sized wings (about 800 gm).
- Shake bag to ensure it is evenly distributed and adequately coats the meat. A plastic bag is ideal to minimise clean up, if not a glass bowl covered with cling film works.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 30 mins, ideally 3 hrs, up to 12 hrs.
- When ready to cook, transfer the chicken from the bag to a tray lined with parchment/baking paper. Shake off the excess marinade (where applicable, it will burn and impart a bitter taste).
- Brush with sesame oil (optional but preferably, makes it yummier).
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C. Bake until slightly charred at the edges. Or, fire up the barbecue and grill.
- Serve with calamansi limes and our Cilicuka.