Shermay’s Singapore Pork Ribs (Braised & Roasted)
Easy & tasty. Fall-off-the-bone tender. With an addictive, sticky, slightly salty & sweet taste. We make it easy for you because you just pour the sauce over the ribs!
- 2 kg baby pork ribs (Huber’s Butchery)
- 1 jar Singapore Meat Marinade
- Black and/or white sesame seeds, toasted, optional but preferable
- Scallions/spring onions, for garnish, optional but preferable
- 1-3 tsp Cilicuka Super Hot, if you want a spicy/chilli version
(Add it into the stock before simmer, and the marinade before roasting)
- Stir in 2/3s of Singapore Meat Marinade with water. Stir well.
- Set aside 1/3s for later.
- Use approx. 2 kg baby pork ribs (Huber’s Butchery).
- Chop to fit into pot (between the ribs). A wider based pot is more ideal.
- Cover. Bring to quick boil then simmer at low-med heat for 30 mins.
- Flips ribs over half-way through, cover for another 20-30 mins.
- Simmer until the meat is tender when poked with a fork. Gently remove ribs.
- Place on tray lined with baking paper.
- Pour then smear the remaining Singapore Meat Marinade.
- Roast in oven preheated at 180 °C. For 15 mins or until slightly charred.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle chopped scallions and sesame seeds.