Shermay’s Pan-Fried Barramundi with Sambal Hijau
An extremely easy and quick recipe. For a low-carb option, serve without rice. For a more complete meal option, quinoa, brown or red rice, or white rice. The Sambal Hijau is already seasoned, so this dish does not need salt, sugar or pepper.
- 1 portion (about 150-200gm) fish fillet, boneless, skin-on (Singapore-bred barramundi for this recipe, order online & direct delivery: http://www.kuhlbarra.com/)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 jar Sambal Hijau
- 1-2 pieces calamansi limes, washed and halved
- In a non-stick pan, over a medium-high heat, add the oil.
- Once hot, lay the fish skin-side down. Cover.
- After 2 mins, turn the fish over and cook the other side for 2 mins.
- While this cooks, heat the Sambal Hijau in a small pot over a low-medium heat (to avoid splattering), or heat it in the microwave in a covered glass dish.
- Once the fish is cooked (about 4 mins total), pour the Sambal Hijau into a serving dish then place the fish on top. For an extremely easy version (with minimal washing up), add the Sambal Hijau to the fish while still in the pan, which will poach the fillet in the sauce. Slide onto a serving dish.
- Finish the dish with calamansi lime.