Shermay’s Super-Easy Cilicuka Chicken Wings 2-Ways
Super-easy and reliable recipe to master. One master recipe which has 2 ways of serving. Great for gatherings, snacking, or as a dish at meal time.
- 1 kg chicken wings (Huber’s Butchery)
- 4 Tbsp plain all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or chilli powder
- 1/2 jar Cilicuka Original (or at most, Extra Hot for extra chilli sauce, but not Super Hot)
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp coriander leave, washed & diced
Dipping Sauce (for 1st Way):
- Cilicuka Original (or at most, Extra Hot for extra chilli sauce, but not Super Hot)
- Calamansi limes, washed & halved
- In a plastic or Ziplock bag, add all the dry ingredients. Seal then give it a good shake.
- Pat the chicken parts dry with a clean non-fibrous cloth, add the pieces into the bag.
- Seal it then give it a good shake, until all the chicken is coated in the dry mix.
- Lay the pieces on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- In an oven preheat the oven at 180 °C, bake for 12 mins on one side.
- Flip the pieces over, then bake for another 12 mins. (If the oven heats unevenly, rotate the tray so that the cooking will be even.)
1st Way: Once the chicken is cooked and light golden brown, transfer to a serving dish with Cilicuka on the side. Enjoy while still warm!
2nd Way: While the chicken is baking, mix all the glaze ingredients in bowl (preferably large) or Ziplock bag. Once the chicken is cooked and light golden brown, add to the glaze and toss together so until it evenly and completely coated. Transfer to a serving dish and eat while still warm!