Shermay’s Singapore Bacon Sandwich (Bak Kwa Bacon Roti)
Super Shiok! Serve for tea-time or for lunch, just like what Mom used to serve as an after-school snack but fancier!
- 1.5 kg pork, thin pieces (shaba shabu slices of pork neck or collar, from Huber’s Butchery)
- 1 jar (240 ml) Singapore Meat Marinade
- About a dozen (12) hot dog buns (roti)
- 500 gm (about 1-2 packets) store-bought Peranakan Achar (Asian pickles) or any suitable equivalent
- 200 gm fresh coriander sprigs with stems
- For brushing & toasting, butter
- Add 1 jar Singapore Meat Marinade to 1.5 kg pork slices. Mix well.
- Lay on baking tray lined with parchment/baking paper.
- Bake for 15-20 mins at an oven preheated at 150 °C until the edges are charred.
- Assemble in a buttered, toasted and sliced bun.
- Add the achar & coriander.