Mrs Lee Chin Koon (1907-1980) first published Mrs Lee’s Cookbook in 1974 at the age of 67. With more than 50 years of cooking experience, Mrs Lee wrote the cookbook in order that her grandchildren and future generations would continue in the tradition of Nonya cuisine. Mrs Lee’s Cookbook has since had numerous reprints, and has become widely accepted as one of the authorities on Nonya cuisine in Singapore.
Shermay Lee, her granddaughter is relaunching the cookbook for a new generation 29 years later. This revised and fully illustrated version makes it possible for any novice to cook classic Nonya dishes such as Ayam Buah Keluak, Nasi Lemak and Popiah. New useful sections have also been added, including:
- a comprehensive glossary of ingredients
- a glossary of basic kitchen equipment
- step-by-step illustrations of basic food preparation
- a list of key ingredients to start a Nonya kitchen
- tips and advice on how to entertain the Nonya way
- tips on healthier versions of Nonya dishes and Nonya secrets revealed